Demonstrate your cooking prowess with the 14in Carbon-Steel Wok by Babish. This versatile kitchen tool is ideal for stir-frying since it uses less oil than a conventional skillet, and its high, sloping sides contain most of the splatter. The heavy gauge steel distributes heat evenly, and its rust-resistant, making it easy to clean. The riveted wood handles stay cool to the touch, providing easy transport from stovetop to table. Order yours today!
HOW TO SEASON CARBON STEEL - STOVE METHOD:
- Wash pan with warm soapy water dry with towel and then place on stovetop and heat to ensure the pan is thoroughly dried.
- Once pan is dry use oil of choice and with a paper towel apply around the interior and exterior of the pan. You may also continue to rub the pan with a hand towel to ensure the oil is evenly coated throughout the pan.
- Place you pan back on the stove and heat until smoking. Be sure to also heat the sides of the pan over the flame to ensure the entire surface area is heated.
- Once smoking turn the heat off and allow the pan to cool quickly.
HOW TO SEASON CARBON STEEL - OVEN METHOD:
- REMOVE wooden handle: Unscrew (counterclockwise) large eyelet at the base of the handle. Pull handle towards you and remove.
- Place a foil lined baking sheet into the bottom rack of your oven.
- Preheat your oven to 475F to 500F.
- Babish 14 Inch Carbon Steel Wok (6" Flat Bottom)
- Heavy-gauge, carbon steel for rapid and even heat distribution perfect for frying and stir-frying
- Riveted wooden handles provide strength and stay cool to the touch
- Efficiently absorbs oil to build a naturally nonstick capability for easy food release and cleanup
- Safe on the grill and on gas, electric, ceramic, glass, and induction stoves