Care and Use Instructions:
OVEN SAFETY AND STOVETOPS:
- Tri-ply stainless steel cookware is oven safe to 500F (350F if using a glass lid) and is compatible on all cooktops / heat sources. Please lift, not drag, cookware off of stovetops to prevent scratching.
- Do not use in the microwave or broilerUSE:
- Before first use, hand wash with warm soapy water
- Preheat your pan on low to medium heat for a couple of minutes. Once heated pour enough cold oil into the pan to cover to cooking surface.
- To avoid food sticking while cooking do not disturb the food and allow the natural sugars to caramelize in the pan and release naturally. If your heat is too high sticking may occur so please make sure to use low to medium heat only except for boiling.
- Please use oven mitts when removing from the oven as the handles will be hot.
- Metal, wood, plastic, and heat resistant nylon tools are safe to use in stainless steel cookware. Do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools or an electric hand mixer in your cookware, as they may scratch lining.
- Tri-ply cookware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing only with warm soapy water. Please allow the pan to cool before washing.
- To remove stuck on foods you may:
- Wash pan with warm soapy water dry with towel and then place on stovetop and heat to ensure the pan is thoroughly dried.
- Once pan is dry use oil of choice and with a paper towel apply around the interior and exterior of the pan. You may also continue to rub the pan with a hand towel to ensure the oil is evenly coated throughout the pan.
- Place you pan back on the stove and heat until smoking. Be sure to also heat the sides of the pan over the flame to ensure the entire surface area is heated.
- Once smoking turn the heat off and allow the pan to cool quickly.
HOW TO SEASON CARBON STEEL - OVEN METHOD:
- Place a foil lined baking sheet into the bottom rack of your oven.
- Preheat your oven to 475F to 500F.
-While oven is preheating - Wash pan with warm soapy water dry with towel and then place on stovetop and heat to ensure the pan is thoroughly dried.
- One pan is dry use oil of choice and with a paper towel apply around the interior and exterior of the pan. You may also continue to rub the pan with a hand towel to ensure the oil is evenly coated throughout the pan.
- Place pan into the fully heated oven upside down on the rack above the foil lined baking sheet.
- Leave pan in the oven for an hour. After an hour turn off the oven but leave the pan in there until it is cool to the touch.
- Set includes: one 2.5-quart Stainless Steel Saucepan with Lid, one 6-quart Stainless Steel Dutch Oven with Lid, one 3.3-quart Stainless Steel Covered Sauté Pan with Helper Handle, one 8-inch Blue Steel Frying Pan, one 12-inch Blue Steel Frying Pan, one 17-inch Aluminum Cookie Sheet with Stainless Steel Cooling Rack and one 13-inch Aluminum Cookie Sheet with Stainless Steel Cooling Rack.
- Heat Treated Blue Steel frying pan for better corrosion and stain resistance, Easy to season and maintain. Blue Steel efficiently absorbs oil to build a naturally nonstick capability for easy food release and cleanup
- Heavy-gauge, tri-ply stainless steel Dutch oven, saucepan and sauté pan feature seamless aluminum core construction for better heat induction all throughout the vessel. Nonreactive, 18/10 stainless steel interior does not leave metal taste on food
- Riveted cast handles for comfortable grip when cooking and serving
- Tempered glass lids feature vents to prevent overflow while allowing you to monitor cooking progress